Backup North West logo

Three Peaks Challenge

The Three Peaks Challenge

  • Take on the 3 highest mountains in the UK
  • Be one of the first hikers of the day to take on Ben Nevis
  • Tackle Scafell Pike at night
  • Finish your challenge on Wales's infamous peak, Snowdon
  • Aim to summit all three peaks in 24hrs!

Brace yourself for a fast-paced and physically challenging adventure, as you take on the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales. Considered one of Britain’s toughest outdoor challenges, the National 3 Peaks Challenge takes in the dizzy heights of Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m).

Over the course of two days, you will trek around 26 miles and ascend to a total height of almost 3,000m. This is a serious and tough challenge which requires a good level of fitness, as well as plenty of grit and determination. Ultimately, your hard work will be rewarded with spectacular views and a huge sense of achievement.

So how does it work?

We have partnered with Charity Challenge to offer you this intense and testing adventure. You will book your challenge with Charity Challenge who will organise all the details and look after you every step of the way. Backup will be here to provide you with fundraising support and any Backup promotional material and merchandise.

You can visit the Charity Challenge website HERE which provides all the information you will need. There is an itinerary and breakdown of each day as well as a breakdown of the costs and what’s included. 


What are the costs?

There are two payment options for you to choose from.

Self-funding:

  • Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £85.00 when you book
  • Then a balance of £400.00 (which must be paid 5 weeks before your challenge)
  • Raise as much as you can for Backup North West

Full sponsorship for charity:

  • You pay a non-refundable registration fee of £85.00 when you book
  • Then you will be required to raise a minimum of £825.00 for Backup North West
  • This covers the cost of your challenge plus funds for Backup North West

You will need to send your sponsorship money to Backup as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to Backup 7 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge.

If you have raised the necessary funds, Backup will then pay the balance of your challenge costs. We benefit by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise. Every penny that you raise goes directly to funding essential items for our young people such as food, clothing, college equipment, electricity, therapy sessions, social activities and outings.  All this is important in forging positive outcomes for our young people who have faced many challenges in their life.

Available dates:

24th - 26th June – limited spaces

8th - 10th July – limited spaces

29th – 31st July – limited spaces

9th – 11th September – limited spaces

30th September – 2nd October – limited spaces

7th – 9th October – Spaces available

All that is left to do is pick a date and get started with your training and fundraising.

Everyone at Backup is extremely grateful for your support!

Tickets:

Book Here

Backup Charity values infographic

What We Do!

BACKUP provide multiple services across Bolton to young people aged 16-25 years who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness. Read here about all the supported accommodation which includes emergency housing, temporary accommodation, short and medium stay supported housing. Also the non accommodation based support work that focusses on mental health, employment support and much more.

Young people can live in more than one Backup service as they make progress and develop more independence prior to moving on completely. The different services are designed to meet various levels and ranges of needs.

Impact

This year
we accomodated

194
young people

Our Events

Every year Backup delivers multiple events for fundraising. Each one is designed to raise awareness and much needed money to support young people who are homeless. Annually we have our core events; Gala Ball, Golf Day and Ladies Lunch. We also have other events that are different each year so that we can have a wider appeal to all.

Fundraising

Back Up North West's cartoon character called Charlie